Using Self-Hosted Machines
Self-hosted machines are user-provided and managed servers or virtual environments that can be configured to integrate with the Trickest platform, allowing for greater control over the execution environment and resource allocation for your workflows.
This guide is designed to help you attach your own machine to the Trickest platform to execute workflows seamlessly or on any infrastructure.
The machines attached will be used for the workflow executions.
- Access to Trickest platform.
- A machine ready to be attached.
- There are no limits on machine creation; you can create and delete machines an infinite number of times
- If you lose id and secret keys, don't worry; delete the machine and create a new one
- We are just checking the state of the machines inside the Trickest platform; you can reuse the same machine id and secret in different instances
- You can not register the same machine more than once
Create a Self-Hosted Fleet
- Go to Trickest Fleet Page
- Click on
Create Self-Hosted Fleet
- A new Self-Hosted Fleet should be created.
Accessing the External Machine
Before integrating an external machine with the Trickest platform, it's essential to meet the following prerequisites
Creating a new machine
Add Machine button.
Machine Connection Wizard Overview
When you are ready to connect your virtual machine to the Trickest platform, the "Machine Connection Wizard" modal will guide you through the process. This modal appears within the platform's user interface and provides a two-step process:
Copy the command for attaching a new machine.
Install the Trickest Agent and Connect: This step involves executing 3 commands on your external machine. The modal displays the necessary environment variables and the command to download and initialize the Trickest agent, which establishes the connection between your machine and the Trickest platform. Copy them to your clipboard or store them safely for later use
Give your machine a name
You will be prompted to assign a unique and meaningful name to your machine. This name is used to identify the machine within the Trickest Self-Hosted Fleet, making it easier to manage multiple machines.
By clicking on
CREATE new machine will be saved and wait for external connection.
Executing the command on the machine
You can run trickest-agent on a remote machine by executing the copied command.
After the command executes successfully, Self-Hosted fleet will show
ACTIVE machine state.